Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Equal heights of column

Adding a continuous section break at the end of the last column will
force Word to balance the columns.

Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

On 2012-07-10 19:12, Franz21 wrote:
Hi,

I am writing a research paper in Word 2010. My problem is this: in the
two-column layout, text is at the same height on the top of the page but
not on the bottom. Depending on figures inserted in a column, one column
might end with about half a line-height's more space than the other
column. That looks very unprofessional and as I cannot think of any
solution, I am considering rewriting the whole thing in LaTeX which does
that automatically.

Do you have any idea how I can bring Word to give those two columns
equal heights, i.e. strech any spacings in a smart way?

Thanks in advance,
Franz