Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Trouble formatting bulleted list

Assuming that hierarchical bulleted lists are basically the same as
other multilevel lists, you need to (1) place the cursor in the first
paragraph that you want to have a level-1 bullet, choose the Multi-
Level List icon from the Ribbon, and click "More."

Then assign a paragraph style to Level 1, and tell it which symbol to
use.

Then, without leaving the paragraph you're in, in the panel that's
open, go to the next level, assign a style, and choose a symbol. Etc.

Then you can mark each bulleted paragraph with its proper style name,
and the bullets will come out right.

On Jul 11, 12:14*pm, BenLH wrote:
Hi,

I am having difficulty formatting a bulleted list in Word. I have never
before experienced this particular issue. FYI, this is in Word 2007.

So I am trying to create a bulleted list that looks like this:

• * * First Bullet
o * * * Second Bullet
• * * Third Bullet
o * * * Fourth Bullet

Etc...

And what I am getting is:

• * * First Bullet
• * * Second Bullet
• * * Third Bullet
• * * Fourth Bullet

Anyone know why this is happening and how I can change it so that when I
indent "second bullet" (as an example), it creates a
differently-formatted bullet? Thanks in advance.

--
BenLH