Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Equal heights of column

Did you verify that the compatibility option is cleared?

Also, and more importantly, are you in fact using newspaper columns? If
you are using a table, adding a continuous break isn't going to work.

Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

On 2012-07-12 11:58, Franz21 wrote:
Tanks, I found it. Alas, it did not work. The bottoms of the columns
over the pages are still ragged and not flush with the bottom margin.

Any other ideas? Or is there no such functionality?

Peter T. Daniels;492799 Wrote:
Unless the Ribbon is laid out differently in 2010 than in 2007, you
want the Page Layout tab on the ribbon, then under Break you'll find
(under Secton Breaks) the Continuous one. Just put that in the
paragraph after the last one in your last column. (I always first try
to find Break under Insert, so if they were really clever, for 2010
they moved Breaks to Insert, or duplicated it there.)

On Jul 11, 11:47*am, Franz21 wrote:-
'Stefan Blom[_3_ Wrote:
-
;492787']Adding a continuous section break at the end of the last
column
will
force Word to balance the columns.-
-
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP-

Any kind of break I tried to insert didn't have the effect. Could you
elaborate how I insert a "continuous section break"?

The problem is not that the the columns aren't roughly balanced in
height. The problem is that that they aren't balanced to the
millimeter!

--
Franz21-