Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Trouble formatting bulleted list

Only if a multilevel list format was selected in the first place, I believe.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Peter T. Daniels" wrote in message
Also, will that give him the different bullet for each level?

On Jul 12, 10:31 am, Stefan Blom
wrote:
Note that depending on autoformatting is a bit risky. You'll get more
control if you set up a multilevel list correctly.

Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

On 2012-07-12 15:20, BenLH wrote:

Thanks, I actually found the correct answer in another thread:

Try Office button - Word Options - Proofing tab - AutoCorrect Options -
AutoFormat As You Type tab, second option from the bottom (Set left-
and
first-indent with tabs and backspaces).

Peter T. Daniels;492798 Wrote:
Assuming that hierarchical bulleted lists are basically the same as
other multilevel lists, you need to (1) place the cursor in the first
paragraph that you want to have a level-1 bullet, choose the Multi-
Level List icon from the Ribbon, and click "More."

Then assign a paragraph style to Level 1, and tell it which symbol to
use.

Then, without leaving the paragraph you're in, in the panel that's
open, go to the next level, assign a style, and choose a symbol. Etc.

Then you can mark each bulleted paragraph with its proper style name,
and the bullets will come out right.

On Jul 11, 12:14*pm, BenLH wrote:-
Hi,

I am having difficulty formatting a bulleted list in Word. I have
never
before experienced this particular issue. FYI, this is in Word 2007.

So I am trying to create a bulleted list that looks like this:

• * * First Bullet
o * * * Second Bullet
• * * Third Bullet
o * * * Fourth Bullet

Etc...

And what I am getting is:

• * * First Bullet
• * * Second Bullet
• * * Third Bullet
• * * Fourth Bullet

Anyone know why this is happening and how I can change it so that when
indent "second bullet" (as an example), it creates a
differently-formatted bullet? Thanks in advance.