JoanN

Hmmm... I'm not sure what you mean by formatting. They're just three-column
tables in Word 2003. I am in the habit of using the Alt key to do "micro
aligning." I have found that the Alt key is less reliable in aligning
verticle borders when merging tables in 2003 than it was in 2000. I just
thought maybe there was some setting that I could change. I will keep trying
things. Thanks.

"Beth Melton" wrote:

I think we need more information on how the tables are formatted. If I
create two tables and merge them I don't see a change in the borders.

Also, if you have difficulty aligning the columns then hold your Alt
key to bypass the grid when adjusting the column width.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Word FAQ: http://mvps.org/word
MVP FAQ site: http://mvps.org/

"JoanN" wrote in message
Just upgraded to Word 2003. Now when I merge two tables into one by
deleting
the paragraph marker between two tables, the tables do merge, but
the border
line that falls between (what was) the two separate tables is very
dark and
does not change to look like the lines elsewhere in the table. Also,
I have
had trouble aligning the verticle border lines so that they merge.
In other
words, merging two tables is problematic in 2003 whereas it was not
in 2000.
I've looked, but been unable to find any settings that I can change
or
disable. Is there something I'm missing? Thank you!!