Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Default Cannot open floopy disk in Word

Well it doesn't 'limit' to display only a file type, but by grouping it by
type, you can limit yourself to looking at just that one group of docs or
dots - which is virtually the same thing.

Terry

"CyberTaz" wrote in message
.. .
Hi Terry -

Please help me understand where the inaccuracy is. Although your
suggestion
is certainly helpful *sorting* the listed files by type isn't the same as
*limiting* the list to display files of only a *certain* type... Which
seemed to be what the OP was looking for and (AFAIK) can't be done in an
Explorer window, whereas when using the Open or Save As dialog windows
from
within an application the Files of Type list does enable that constraint.

Regards |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 10/31/07 10:19 AM, in article
, "Terry Farrell"
wrote:

Well that is not quite accurate either Bob.

Windows Explorer has options to arrange the folder contents (in this case
the floppy contents) in several different orders. The useful one in this
instance would be to select the 'group by type' option which means that
the
docs will be grouped together.

However, as a final bit of advice, I would quite soon move all your old
files off floppy disks completely. Floppies are ancient technology, prone
corruption, prone to physical damage and slow. I don't believe that
anyone
sells computers fitted with floppy drives as standard any more either.
Far
better to burn the archives to CDR or DVDR (using the verification
process)
and use the burning utility to create covers that list the contents.