Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Default How can I open an "openoffice" ".odt" file in Word 2003

There is no import filter to allow Word to open .odt files. You can
save the files in .doc format from OpenOffice and mail those to your
home. It might be easier, though, to install OpenOffice at home. The
price is right :-) and there's no problem with having both programs on
the same machine.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On Sun, 4 Feb 2007 17:45:48 -0800, "Alex" wrote:

I have Office 2003 at home, and I am given Openoffice at work. I emailed
some ".odt" files home so I could do some work, and I can't open them in
Word 2003.

Maybe I just need to download Openoffice.

Openoffice has no problem working with Microsoft Office files.

Thanks for any help

Alex