Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default Deleting unwanted documents in Office Word 2007

The list is stored in the registry at
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\12\Wor d\FileMRU, from where you
can delete individual entries
or
You can use the following macro which will reset the list to your preset
preferred number of displayed documents:

Sub ClearMRU
Application.DisplayRecentFiles = True
listsize = RecentFiles.Maximum
RecentFiles.Maximum = 0
RecentFiles.Maximum = listsize
End Sub

See http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm
or to edit the list see
http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Recent_Files_List_Editor.htm

Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:
Documents will show up on the Office Button MRU list after they have
been deleted. You can clear the entire list by setting the number to
zero, or you can remove them selectively by editing the Registry.
Terry Farrell has written an article on how to do the latter, but it
has not yet been published; perhaps he'll post here with instructions.

"Florence" wrote in message
I am having trouble deleting documents. Also when I click the WORD
Icon, this
document I thought I deleted show up everytime. How do I make that go
away.

"Tracker" wrote:

Using Vista Home Premium. Can not see how to delete any unwanted
documents
from list.