Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

Default Install Office on a Different Computer

You can't use an OEM version of Office as a qualifying product on another
computer. You noted, an OEM version is tied to the computer it is installed
on and the license cannot be transferred to another computer. The original
version and upgrade are considered a single product and cannot be separated.
So if the OEM license is dead it can't be used at all.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP
https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/Melton
What is a Microsoft MVP? http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/gp/mvpfaqs

Guides for the Office 2007 Interface:
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/tr...295841033.aspx

"JoAnn Paules" wrote in message
You can't install that OEM version of Office on another computer. It
basically dies with the old system. It *could* be used as the qualifying
product for a 2007 upgrade version tho.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"C and A Bredt" wrote in message
My computer died. It had Office XP 2002 Small Business Edition
pre-installed on it. I have all of the install CDs that came the the
system.

I now have a Vista Home Premium computer with Office 2007 Home and
Student edition pre-installed. I would like to remove it and install
Office 2002. Can I do that? How?

Thanks, CB