Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
BruceM BruceM is offline

Default Alt + Click foolishness

I have just learned that after years of pressing the Alt key while dragging
table borders I have to come up with a new way of doing that because the
Research box pops up now, and that there does not seem to be a way of
getting rid of that. I realize there is no way to change it or to prevent
it from being installed or anything other than accept the very, very poor
decision to change Word in this way. They truly do not know what other
departments are doing there, do they?
Anyhow, is there an alternative? I have read about various combinations of
keys and right click or whatever, but I can't find anything that works
without bringing up that accursed box. I'm using Word 2003.