Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default Search function does not recognize Word documents with docx extens

There is no reason at all why you cannot use or search for docx format files
in Windows XP. What do you mean by 'cannot see them'? How and where are you
searching for them? Are they not listed in Windows Explorer in the folder
where you saved them?

CJ wrote:
I have just upgraded to a new PC but kept XP as my operating system.
Whenever I receive or create Word documents with the docx extension
and later search for them, my system cannot find "see" them so I am
having to convert all Word documents to the Word 97-2003 format so I
can find them again. My boss is also having the same problem with
docx documents. Has anyone else had this problem and is there a fix?
Thank you