Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
[email protected] ford.clinton@gmail.com is offline

Default Text box "dissapears" and does not print

For more recent versions of Word for Mac (e.g. I have Word 2011 for Mac) these settings can be found by doing the following:

Go to the toolbar at the very top of the screen:

Choose "Word" (between the Apple icon and "File") Preferences Print (under "Output and Sharing) place a check next to Drawing objects (under "Include with document") and a check next to "Print background colors and images" and then hit OK.

This did not completely solve the problem for me. BUT I did a Save As... and saved the document as a PDF. The text boxes then appeared in the PDF document. I can now print the PDF document with the text boxes (the docx version still does not want to print the text boxes though).

On Friday, April 8, 2016 at 2:28:09 PM UTC-5, wrote:
I'm having the same problem.
I have Word 2007.

I cannot find
Check tools options view 'drawings' - uncheck 'picture placeholders'
Check tools options print 'drawing objects' and 'background colors and
images'

There is no TOOLS option to choose, or DRAWINGS anywhere to be found.
Just
HOME INSERT PAGE LAYOUT REFERENCES MAILINGS REVIEW VIEW

Please help.