Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default Viewing .mdi files in Office 2007

MDI files are associated with Microsoft Document Imaging - however this is
not installed by default, so if you want to use it and you have not already
installed it, you will need to re-run Office setup.

JU-Vista wrote:
I have Office 2007 - when i try to view .MDI files my computer didn't
know what to do.

After following the instructions on this tutorial:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/926198

I have realised that I accidentally told Windows to "open all .mdi
files with Microsoft Word 2007", by selecting it from that popup that
comes up when you try to open a file that windows doesn't recognise.

Now it continues opening up in Word despite me having enabled the
image viewer by the instructions given in the above tutorial. I need
to know how to either:

1) de-associate word with .mdi files, or
2) which program is meant to be opening .mdi files so that i can
select it.

Thanks.