Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tony Jollans Tony Jollans is offline

Default Word Clipboard Toolbar Always Docks Itself

Default toolbar positions are held in the registry; customizations are held
in templates or documents. I am not aware of any other data held anywhere
that affects this.

Do you get the same result if you start Word in safe mode - hold down Ctrl
while opening Word?

--
Enjoy,
Tony

www.WordArticles.com

"Owl1" wrote in message
Thank you for your suggestion, Graham, but it didn't work. I did what you
recommended: I opened Normal.dot, moved the Clipboard toolbar from its
obsessive docked position so it would float normally, added a text space
the document and then deleted it, save the result, closed Normal.dot,
closed
Word, re-opened Word, hit Ctrl-C twice, and, lo!, the Clipboard toolbar
was
RIGHT BACK IN ITS DOCKED POSITION.

To say this is frustrating is an understatement! I very much appreciate
your
thinking about this and offering any ideas. I'm more than willing to try
any
suggestions. Many thanks, again.