Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default I need to change my keyboard to insert the degree sign not ^.

The built-in keyboard shortcut is Ctrl+@, Spacebar (that is, on U.S.
keyboards, Ctrl+Shift+2, Spacebar). If that's a stretch for you (as it is
for me), you may want to assign an easier shortcut; in the Symbol dialog,
click on the Shortcut Key... button, type your desired shortcut, and click
Assign.

http://word.mvps.org

"Cinnamon123" wrote in message
news
I type medical documents and need to type the degree sign very often.
Using
the symbol area and then picking my choice is slowing down my work. I had
changed this in my previous Word programs, but I can't figure out how to
do
it with 7. HELP.