Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Default Auto open Word file in Web Layout or Draft view

By default, Word opens a document in the view and zoom it was saved (see
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/general/SaveViewAndZoom.htm). Note,
however, that Word 2007 won't open in Draft view unless you choose the
option to "Allow opening a document in Draft view" in Office button | Word
Options, Advanced category.

Alternatively, if you want to force Draft view in all documents that you
open or create, use the following auto macros in normal.dotm:

Sub AutoOpen()
Options.AllowOpenInDraftView = True
ActiveWindow.View.Type = wdNormalView
ActiveWindow.View.Zoom = 100 'change zoom if desired
End Sub

Sub AutoNew()

See http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"MZ" wrote in message
By default, Word (2007, but also earlier versions) opens all my documents
in
Print Layout view. How can I change this to auto open documents in Web
Layout
or Draft view?
--
MZ