Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Gary Burton

Default How to restrict footers to sections.

I am trying to combine many Word 2003 documents into one. Each footer
should identify the document from which it came. I am having 2 problems:

* If I start a footer in section 2, it shows up in secton 1, even
through there is a continuous or "next page" section break.
..
* Inserting a section break will cause each footer to identify itself
as applying to a different section when I double-click on the footer. It
also causes the page numbers to start again. However, if I then edit the
text of the footer in one section, it applies to the footers in all
sections.

Can anyone help?
--
Gary Burton