Anne Troy

Default Weird TOC Problem: pictures appearing in TOC

I couldn't tell without seeing the document, I think. I'm confused. LOL
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"SueMichele" wrote in message
I think this is what happened, and I've already gotten one picture out of
the
TOC, thanks! See my post to Suzan, please, maybe you can answer my other
question that came up while I was trying this. I realized you can't tell
the
difference in levels of the TOC. I guess I could take out the Chapter
Titles
and put them in manually, but there's probably a MUCH easier way, isn't
there?
Thanks again for the help!
SueMichele

"Anne Troy" wrote:

TOCs are generated using styles. You obviously have selected a picture
and
applied a style to it, or pasted a picture in front of a paragraph return
which a style is applied. I always create styles for my graphics, and so
could you. See:
http://www.officearticles.com/word/c...osoft_word.htm
Then, apply the style to all your graphics (you can use the style
dropdown
for the first one, then hit the F4 key after you select each new
graphic).
Update your TOC and you'll be good to go. If you don't want a style for
your
graphics, then apply the normal style or some other style that won't
appear
in your TOC (usually Heading styles).
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"SueMichele" wrote in message
Hi,
I've created a document from a template (don't ask me which one, it was
while ago, I've just been adding and updating for a long time), and
when I
go
to update the Table of Contents, some of the pictures I've imported
into
the
document have shown up in the TOC. What in the world's going on? How
do
fix it?
I'm guessing that somewhere along the line the coding got mixed up and
instead of the header that was supposed to be in the TOC, the coding
got
put
in front of/around the picture, but I don't know how to fix it.
Anyone?
Please? Help?
Thanks!
SueMichele