Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
guyeda guyeda is offline

Default Is there a way to define print offsets?

Thanks for the reply macropod,

I think the printers are essentially working fine, they just have minute
differences in terms of the precise print locations. The left/right
difference is less than 1/32" and the top/bottom difference is about 1/32".
Unfortunately for me, that difference is enough for the reviewers to notice
while measuring. I'll probably end up saving the file as a duplicate prior
to the final printing and goose the Word margin settings to match the
physical print margins, but this solution makes me somewhat nervous.

"macropod" wrote:

Hi guyeda,

This isn't something controlled by Word, but by your printer's configuration. If you check the Printer properties (either through
Word's print menu or via the Windows Control Panel), you may find a setting that allows you to define the print offsets. I doubt it,
though. Probably either or both of the printers need some maintenance - or at least the paper trays adjusted properly.

Cheers
--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]

"guyeda" wrote in message ...
I'm printing a thesis that requires some pretty precise print formatting
(reviewers literally measure margins with a ruler!) I need to print the
document on two printers: one for the black/white text pages and one for the
color pages. The problem is that the two printers have slightly different
print characteristics. The color printer prints slightly lower and to the
left and the black/white one prints far enough to the right to have
flush-right text fall within the right margin when printed out. Back in the
day, this was common and there were settings you could define that could
correct for these discrpeancies, but I can't seem to find them in Word 2003.