Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
RozBuds RozBuds is offline

Default Can't View Clip Art

Hi and thank you for your reply. I actually was able to figure out the
problem a few weeks ago which was exactly what you just recommended. I came
home and looked exactly how I had Word at home set up in the Options and sure
enough the Picture Placeholders was not checked so I went to work and it was
checked. Now it is unchecked and it works fine. The strange thing is...Is
there a Microsoft Word Ghost that likes to go in and change settings?
Hee...Hee...Hee
Thanks again for following up. I love coming here for fix its and just read
up on things. I get some of my best info here.
RozBuds

"finalword" wrote:

Check your View options (Tools | Options | View Tab) and make sure that
Picture Placeholders IS NOT checked. I've had this option turn on recently
which made viewing graphics a pain!

"RozBuds" wrote:

Well that didn't work as I already had the compatibility update on. What I
did find out this morning that anyone sending me a Word doc (2000, 2003,
2007, etc) with clip art, none of the clip art shows. However, one of my
newsletter contributors sends me her information in Publisher and I am able
to see and edit the clip art. So by process of elimination I think my problem
lies in my MS Word 2003 at work. Could it be corrupt? Does anyone have any
suggestions? Should I reload Word on my computer? I did a detect and repair
but nothing. Thank you, RozBuds

"finalword" wrote:

You may need to download the updated version of the 2007 Compatibility Pack
for your work machine.

"RozBuds" wrote:

I do the Newsletter each month in Publisher (Microsoft Office Pro 2003 with
SP 2. Computer Vista OS) Julie sends me her article in Word docx with clip
art. She uses Microsoft Office Pro 2007. Computer Vista OS. When I receive
the document, I open and am not able to view the clipart. I right click on
the clip art hoping to figure out someway to view the pic. All that works is
hitting Edit Picture, and then it appears. It is very strange. At home I use
the same office software that I do at work but have XP/OS. I have no problem
at all with the 2007 Word docx at home. Does anyone know what the problem is
and how to fix this? Or a good work around. Thank you, RozBuds