Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
anon k

Default Body Text vs Normal

Adrian wrote:
IMO, the arguments against using Normal are pretty weak. That said, I don't
think the arguments against Body Text are strong either; six of one and half
a dozen of the other.
In any case, is there any good reason to use "Body Text", but still base it
on "Normal"? I have seen this in some templates, but it just doesn't make
any sense to me.

The question really boils down to what you want to do, and what's the
best (or most convenient) means to achieve that.

And so I use Normal, because I want to maintain consistency if ever
there's need to alter the font or formatting.

But if I wanted styles to be completely independent, I would be sure to
decouple them from the Normal style.