Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ben M. Schorr - MVP (OneNote) Ben M. Schorr - MVP (OneNote) is offline

Default Find a document

Windows Search can search within the document as well - all you'd need
to know is a unique term or phrase that would be contained within the
document.

--
-Ben-
Ben M. Schorr, MVP

"Carrie" wrote in message
:

"Graham Mayor" wrote in message

Use the Windows search function to find whatever you know is present in
the document.

When I'm not sure of the file name, I use the "advanced" and put in the
date, or time span I think it was modified.
This usually works better (for me anyway) than trying to find it going by a
name I don't remember for sure.

Christa wrote:

I have hundreds of letters set up in different files and when I need a
specific one, I often cannot find it. Is there a find feature if I
need to locate a letter whose general name I am close to knowing or
know?