Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default How do I set Word 2007 to default settings for new documents?

The prescribed method is to delete (or rename) Normal.dotm. If you
previously had Word 2003 or earlier on that computer, there might be a
Normal.dot that's being used to create your new Normal.dotm, and thereby
inheriting older settings. So, you might need to delete (or rename)
Normal.dot, as well.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible

"bhartin1" wrote in message
Every time I open Word 2007 it seems to be open in a setting from a past
document. I know that Word 2007 has a new default line spacing (1.15) and
new spacing after paragraph. However, when I open Word with a new document
it
is set to the 1.0 spacing with no space after the paragraph. I need word
completely go back to default settings (including paragraph, font, ruler,
etc.) for every new document. How do I do this?