Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jezebel Jezebel is offline

Default Unicode problem

You've got different fonts installed on the different machines.

"rhorton33704" wrote in message
I have a number of special characters that can be created from ALT+XXXX.

There are several that use ALT+XXXX numbers above 5000, such as ALT+9660
for
the black down arrow and ALT+9658 for the black right arrow. They work
fine
at the business where I consult and at home. Both systems use Windows XP
and
Word 2002 and 2003 respectively.

At my regular job I use Windows XP and Word 2000, but the same ALT+XXXX
codes do not work. When I enter the ALT+9660 for example I get a double
line
right corner instaead of the down arrow. I have installed the
International
Font tools from the Office 2000 Professional SR-1 pack but it still
doesn't
work.

I tried selecting Arial Unicode MS font with the extra characters but it
would not "stick" to that font (it reverts back to arial).

What am I doing wrong.

Bob H