Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Idaho Word Man Idaho Word Man is offline

Default Strange word behaviour

Just press F9. That should toggle back and forth between displaying the field
codes and "normal."

"lchow" wrote:

My word documents all of a sudden behave strangely: 1) all dates becomes
codes, something like {TIME/@ "dd MMMM yyyy"} 2) all internet hyperlink
turned into codes 3) all page numbers appear as [page]. I copy the file on a
memory stick and try it on another PC and it all looks fine.
I tried reinstalling and also tried unstall it and reinstall it and it does
not help.
Does anyone know if it's a virus or a problem with the word software?
Many thanks.