Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default Email Attachment in Word 2003 Mail Merge

Where you are choosing Email as the type of main document, you should be
choosing Letter.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"Grapevine" wrote in message
Hi Doug, Really appreciate the very swift reply....Please bear with my
stupidity. When I open a fresh word doc as a test for the text of the
email I
go as if to do a "normal" email merge - ie through Tools,
Letters&Mailings,
Mail Merge etc -. Att he doc type I choose Email? And then continue as
normal? If I do this I can see that no new doc is actually generated at
all
by the last stage (6). If I choose directory I can generate a new document
on
wihch to wotrk, but I still have the same message on running the macro.
Apologies. It is almost certainly a basic misundertanding of merging....
--
Grapevine

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

You have not executed the merge of the document that is to become the
text
of the email message to a new document before running the macro, which
must
be run when the document created by executing that merge is the active
document.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"Grapevine" wrote in message
Hi. I have been trying to implement MVP Doug Robbins' technique for
allowing
MS outlook (2003) to add attachments to email merges
(www://word.mvps.org/FAQs?MailMerge/MergeWithAttachments.htm). I have -
think - followed every step. But no matter how many permutations I have
tried
I have still not succeeded in sending a single email - let alone one
with
an
attachment (always says '0 messages sent' at the end of the process).
Can
anyone suggest where I might be going wrong? Presumambly there are no
errors
in the macro or in the preparation steps as it wd have given me a
different
error message and not allowed me to go all the way through the process
only
to tell me I had sent no messages?
--
Grapevine