Lorraine Turner Lorraine Turner is offline
Junior Member

[quote=Peter T. Daniels;493586]Are you saying that you don't particularly want them to be Word
endnotes (that could be clicked to and that could be moved around),
but you just want their content at the end of the file?

Can you remove the auto-numbering by simply changing their Style to a
non-numbered one, or by selecting them all and choosing "None" from
the Numbering icon on the Ribbon?

Hi thanks for your reply - I'm happy to have them as end notes (they're not at the moment - they're presented as numbered lists at the bottom of each page)

I had tried changing the style to non number and choosing none already - but the problem is they actually need to be numbered so the macro can read them! just not so that they are all linked together. Whenever I copy and paste it mucks all the numbers up. I want them just to be static numbers that will stay the same where ever in the document I put them.

Thanks for any prompt replies - starting to get a bit desperate now.