Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default automatically extract footnotes into new file and €¦

Ah, yes, I didn't suggest "Highlight all items found" because I was
forgetting that it applies only to specific layers. But in fact the
reference marks should already have a separate style (the Endnote Reference
character style) applied. Where you seem to be running into trouble is that
that style is being interpreted by InDesign as a paragraph style (as opposed
to the underlying Endnote Text). That's why I suggested formatting the
reference marks using direct font formatting.

http://word.mvps.org

"hrdwa" wrote in message
hello Suzanne, thanks a lot, that's very helpful. The way I figured out
now€”for anyone interested€”is: search for ^e with the option highlight all
items found in [endnotes] checked. That does what it should, and allows
for
applying a seperate style to all endnote marks. Very good.
Now I have a question following up, concerning how to automate these
steps.
But I think I'll ask this in a new thread and in the appropriate place.

Many thanks again to all of you, you've been a great help!