Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
TrevorS

Default I cannot turn off voice recognition

I am using a tablet laptop. It seems to me when documents have been created
using handwriting input and I go back to edit them from the keyboard the
voice recognition system is switched on. I try to turn it off as suggested in
help by pressing 'microphone' on the Langauge bar. This just opens up a
mini-window attached to the cursor. Every time I save I et a message telling
me the document has been saved without voice becuase it taking up too much
space/resource. I don't want voice to be on for Word docs. I do however want
to use it on my VoIP/IM systems. TS UK