Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
thelisha thelisha is offline

Default Using Small Caps in the Define New Multilevel List - Word 2007

Hi Suzanne,
Thanks for your response. I thought this would not be a difficult thing to
do. At least I know it wasn't something I had done with Word. Do you know if
they plan on fixing this or is it just one of those weird Word things?
Thanks,
Thelisha

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Unfortunately, this is a known limitation of Word.

"thelisha" wrote in message
Hi Group,
I have a question about using Small Caps in the "Define new Multilevel
list"
feature in Word 2007. Whew, say that three times fast! Okay, here is my
situation. I have a manual that has several chapters within it and the
page
numbers are written like this: 1-1. Meaning Section 1, page 1. The
titles/headings of the chapters written like this: Section 1, Section 2,
etc.
Using Styles I am able to make changes in the "Define new Multilevel list"
feature, and I have set up the word "Section" to automatically appear at
the
beginning of each chapter when I use the Heading 1 style. The problem I
have
is I cannot format the word "Section" as I wish. The Small Caps option is
grayed out and I am unable to check this feature. It is so weird because
every other option is there in the Font options box, even All Caps. Has
anyone ever experienced this? Hope this was clear, please let me know if I
need to clarify what it is I am trying to do. Any help would be
appreciated!

Thanks,
Thelisha