Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default how can I use gmail instead of Outlook?

Better still, you can use Gmail to handle all your e-mail to take advantage
of its anti-spam capabilities and integrate it with Outlook -
http://www.gmayor.com/use_google_gma...emove_spam.htm

Doug Robbins - Word MVP wrote:
It is however possible to use Outlook with Gmail.

http://mail.google.com/support/bin/a...n&answer=13278

"Peter A" wrote in message
om...
In article ,
says...
When using Word, when I try to send a document as an email
attachment, the
email automatically opens in Outlook. How can I use gmail instead?

I don't think you can. Word uses the default email handler that is
installed on your system, and that is almost always Outlook when
Office is installed. GMail is a web-based email system that works
only thru your browser.

--
Peter Aitken
Author, MS Word for Medical and Technical Writers