Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Luc Luc is offline

Default aligning text in a column

Joyce,
I am by no means an expert in Word. But have you tried putting two tabs in
the cell, for instance two right aligning tabs. Put them very close to one
another, you will have to use the menu to put the second close to the first
(for instance 3.02, 3.06). Everything before the dash must be aligned to the
first tab, the rest to the second. Use Ctrl+Tab to type in the numbers. The
first ctrl+Tab will let you type the number(s) before the dash, the second
ctrl+tab will allow you to type the dash and the remaining numbers. Seems to
work here. That said, maybe someone else will have better ideas.

--

Luc Sanders
MVP - PowerPoint

"Joyce" schreef in bericht
news
I have a table with a column that contains ranges of numbers. For example,
4-5, 7.25-10, 0.5-16.3, etc.
I want to align them on the - (dash). Is there a way to do this? By the
way,
I can't alter the numbers so that they all have a decimal point and
leading/following zeros.