Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Joyce Joyce is offline

Default aligning text in a column

"Joyce" wrote:

I have a table with a column that contains ranges of numbers. For example,
4-5, 7.25-10, 0.5-16.3, etc.
I want to align them on the - (dash). Is there a way to do this? By the way,
I can't alter the numbers so that they all have a decimal point and
leading/following zeros.

You were close. What seems to work is to have the first tab be a right tab
(with the tab inserted before the text in the column), and the second tab be
a left tab (with the tab inserted before the dash).

Setting it was a bit awkward because Word would only let me set the tabs
within 3/10s of each other, no closer. But it works. Thanks.