Anna Summers

You still have Wordpad - it is a part of Windows. You might want to have
your .doc files open in Word 2003, but have your .rtf files open in Wordpad
(a lighter word processor, a little better than Notepad). I find this useful
for "lighter" documents.

You can set the .rtf files to open in Wordpad the same way that folks have
told you to set .doc files to open in Word, just selecting WordPad instead of
Word for .rtf files. --Ann Fennell

"Oz" wrote:

I have recently upgraded my computer from WordPad to Word2003. How do I set the default setting as Word 2003 so that any word attachments or documents

are automatically opened in Word, rather than attempting to open as WordPad
documents.