Jay Freedman

Spell-checking entries in a protected form requires a macro. That macro is
presented in http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MacrosVBA/...ProtectDoc.htm.
If you try to use it and have trouble, please post back and describe (1)
what version of Word you use, and (2) what happens or doesn't happen when
you run the macro, including the exact text of any error message you see.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Baffled wrote:
Hello,
I currently have a template in Word. It is an evaluation tool, so I
want it to be secure, and not allow changes to the questions.
However, since I have it saved as a template, spell check is not
available to the users. When you click the spell check it is in
light grey, which means I do have that feature. Can you tell me how
I can keep my template secure, but allow for spell check to work in
the boxes were responses are entered? I am a my wits end with this,
and any help you have to offer would be greatly appreciated. I tried
directions from other users on your site i.e Kay, and garfield n
otie, but was not successful. Thanks for taking the time to brain
storm with me!