tacho

Very good link (printed for future reference) but didn't fix my problem.

I've also tried soft returns (shift/enter) and my text will stay on the
drawed lines (good news). But it still pushes the soft returns down creating
additional blank spaces between my next area to be filled out.

I've also played around with this in a 1 column, 1 row table and if I could
stop the table from expanding (pushing blank spaces down), it would work.
But I don't see a way to set a limit.

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFldsFms/LinesInForms.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

tacho wrote:
Using Word 2000

I'm setting up a form to be used electronically/hand written and in
several areas need to show 3 blank lines for comments like this:

The typing would start on the first line and continue down. What
happens is that the other lines get pushed down. I want the typing
to be fixed on the lines. I've tried drawing lines, using cells in a
table, etc. and it always gets pushed down.

Any way to do this or is there a better option? Thanks.