Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
**Niki**[_2_] **Niki**[_2_] is offline

Default How do I set Word 2007 to default settings for new documents?

I had this same problem. Mine was using 2003 as the default. I change it by
using "change styles." Click on the arrow on the "change styles" button. It
pulls up a list. Click on the one that says "style set." Choose "Word 2007"
Then, click the arrow again in "change styles" and click "set as default."
That fixed my problem permanetaly to open in 2007 settings. Hope this helps.
--
**Niki**

"bhartin1" wrote:

Every time I open Word 2007 it seems to be open in a setting from a past
document. I know that Word 2007 has a new default line spacing (1.15) and a
new spacing after paragraph. However, when I open Word with a new document it
is set to the 1.0 spacing with no space after the paragraph. I need word to
completely go back to default settings (including paragraph, font, ruler,
etc.) for every new document. How do I do this?