Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Skip Skip is offline

Default Showing 'invisible' table borders

In Print Layout mode, I do a lot of quasi-page layout using tables. In the
previous versions of Word, the table lines - though set to have no border -
showed up as a grey line. This allowed me to see the boundaries of the cells
while designing, even though I had no intention of ever seeing them on the
finished printed page. As the new version of Word seems to default to 'no
border means no line', I was wondering if there was a way to toggle or set to
display the cell lines while set to 'no border'. It's very disconcerting
while designing to see floating white space, not knowing where cells end,
begin, etc. And I am hoping to avoid having to give them a temporary colored
border while designing, only to have to shut it off later.

Is there a way to 'Show' the table lines, just like tabs and carriage returns?