Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Default Showing 'invisible' table borders

The controls should be similar to those in Word 2007, but if there is a
difference, then you would be better off posting in the Mac-specific NGs at
http://www.microsoft.com/mac/communi...pid=newsgroups

http://word.mvps.org

"Skip" wrote in message
No, I mean Word 2008. This feature was behaving in all previous versions.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

By "new version of Word" I assume you mean Word 2007. There is a View
Gridlines button on the Table Tools Layout tab.

http://word.mvps.org

"Skip" wrote in message
In Print Layout mode, I do a lot of quasi-page layout using tables. In
the
previous versions of Word, the table lines - though set to have no
border -
showed up as a grey line. This allowed me to see the boundaries of the
cells
while designing, even though I had no intention of ever seeing them on
the
finished printed page. As the new version of Word seems to default to
'no
border means no line', I was wondering if there was a way to toggle or
set
display the cell lines while set to 'no border'. It's very
disconcerting
while designing to see floating white space, not knowing where cells
end,
begin, etc. And I am hoping to avoid having to give them a temporary
colored
border while designing, only to have to shut it off later.

Is there a way to 'Show' the table lines, just like tabs and carriage
returns?