Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs

Default Lose Changes to Style When Document ReOpened

If you select the problem text and press Ctrl+SpaceBar, to reset font
formatting to that of the underlying paragraph style, then what happens?

Does the grey color print? Does it display in Print Preview?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

I have the same problem:
When I save my Word 2010 document the style looks fine.
BUT when I close and reopen the file, the font colour of the style has
changed from black to grey.

If I try to edit the style it tells me that the font is black (although it
is displaying as grey). I have to change the colour of one sentence that
uses this style and then update the style to match that sentence. I have
to do this every time I open the document.

I followed Lisa's recommendation given he but that option is not
checked on my PC (Developer Tools | Templates | Document Template |
Automatically Update Document Styles)