Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

Default How To Backup Quick Parts

Building Blocks (Quick Parts) are stored in templates. If you are storing
them in the document templates for your forms then backup your document
template. If you are using Building Blocks.dotx (the default location) then
back this file up. It should be located at:

%appdata%\Application Data\Microsoft\Document Building Blocks\1033

You can copy the above and paste it in the Address Bar of a Windows Explorer
window and press Enter.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Coauthor of Word 2007 Inside Out:

Word FAQ: http://mvps.org/word
MVP FAQ site: http://mvps.org/

"Galen" wrote in message
I've recently started to build quick parts for forms that I often have to
reproduce and change just a few things. I want to backup these custom
quick
parts I've built so that this work isn't lost in the event my pc crashes.

How do I do this if I just want to backup these quick parts and headers?

I'm running XP with Office 2007 Pro.

Thanks in advance for your time.