Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jeff Mathewson[_2_] Jeff Mathewson[_2_] is offline

Default Converting all old Office Files to 2007 format

Stefan,

I don't see this as a bug. But when doing a fast check, I see that it is
one..but a very good bug. In that we are doing massive conversions and need
to keep the DOC files, so as you can guess, converting and keeping the DOC
files is good unlike Excel which does delete the files - which doesn't seem
to have as many conversion problems as Word 2007 does.

The big question is, is this really a bug, or something MS removed. I've
been finding converting from other versions of Word isn't going all that
well and if we lost the DOC files it would be a mess..MS may have seen this
as well and removed the auto delete for Word???? At the end, I hope that
they DO NOT fix this bug.

Jeff.
"StefanKZVB" wrote in message
Hi Jeff,

the old .doc files remain on the network storage after conversion by the
user to .docx-format.

Please have a look here for the steps to reproduce the problem:

Word 2007: Convert Doc to Docx problem on network locations

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...=en-us&m=1&p=1

Can you reproduce the problem in your environment?

Stefan

"Jeff Mathewson" wrote:

What issue are you having with the network and Word 2007? Your posts

didn't
really state the problem..and I would be interested to know if it's
something like what we may be having with Word 2007.