Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
macropod macropod is offline

Default Copying styles from one doc to another

Hi Carolyn,

That's standard behaviour. If you want the styles from the source document to apply in the target document also, the best way of
achieving this is to migrate them via the Organizer - see Tools|Templates and Add-Ins|Organizer.

Cheers

--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]

"kaz" wrote in message oups.com...
Hi there

I am trying to copy some content from one document to another (Word
2003). I thought the copied content would assume the heading styles in
the new document but it seems to retain the old styles from the first
document.

Carolyn