Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
ew68 ew68 is offline

Default question about formatting labels (mail merge)

I am trying to create an address book using mail merge with the layout being
formatted for labels. The input file is an Access Database.

After the mail merge is performed, I have to manually delete all of the "-"
characters. These are for Access database fields which are not populated. I
guess this is some kind of null value.

Is there some way for me to automatically remove the null fields from the
label? In the label, I have some entries which look like "cell -" which
means that no value was provided for the "cell" field in the Access database
for the given record. I would like the row of the label containing "cell - "
to be removed/deleted.

Any suggestions on how I can do this in an automated fashion? Deleting
these kind of rows manually is very tedious.