getravel

Default Hidden text in a table

Although rare, I sometimes receive documents that contain text that is hidden
in a table cell.

First, a little setup information:

The document will contain a simple table (2 columns). The first column has
the step number, the second reflects the instructions for executing that
particular step. The instructions may be small enough that several steps may
appear on a single page. Lastly, there may be enough steps that the table
could extend multiple pages.

Here's the problem -

The last step on a page may have multiple lines of text, some of which
appear in the cell, but also some text that continues beyond the bottom
border of the cell. The text does not flow to the next page, but rather is
hidden.

To 'expose' this information, I have to 'tweak' the text that is already
displayed. This may include reformatting the text, deleting unnecessary
wording, etc. After the hidden text is exposed, I usually copy and paste it
somewhere else so that I can reformat it.

Like I said earlier, this happens so infrequently, it really isn't a major
problem, but I really would like to know why this happens.

Any info you can share would be greatly apprexiated.

--
Thanx,
getravel (Mike M.)