Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Hopeless Hopeless is offline

Default "Cementing" a Text Box so it behaves like a Header or Footer

Good morning.

Our letterhead lists our products along the left margin, and I want to
"cement" the text box containing them so that when people begin typing the
contents of the letter, the text box won't move down. My left margin is set
to 0.6", and the body of the letter should begin 2.1" in from that margin.

On the Text Box Properties Layout tab, I've tried every wrapping method, but
nothing works, and I don't know what else to try. It would be great if there
were a header-type feature that leaves things in the left (or right) margin
without being affected by text editing.