Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement,microsoft.public.word.programming
Patrick Schmid

Default Word 2007 - styles combo-box add-in (Office 2007 COM Add-In UI customization example)

As some have already found out, Word 2007 doesn't offer an efficient way
of working with styles as the good old Styles combo box that showed the
currently active style and let the user choose a different style didn't
make it into Word 2007. I wrote Word 2007 add-in to get that combo Box
back.
The add-in also serves as my example on how to write a COM Add-In that
customizes the Office 2007 Ribbon UI. As such, I provide the full C#
source code. I will post a VBA.NET version soon as well.
The blog post which details the implementation and has a link to
download the add-in is at http://pschmid.net/blog/2006/06/14/21

Patrick Schmid
http://pschmid.net