Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Default "Show page number on first page" seems to be reversed

Hi ?B?Rmk=?=,

I am numbering a document in sections and do not wish to show number on the
front page of the first section but do wish to show number on the other
sections, when I go into the Page Number drop down box and either check or
clear "Show page number on first page" and it foes not do what it should -
why?

Which version of Word is this?

Basically, the command you describe is - in my opinion - unreliable. Better to
use File/Page Setup/ Layout and activate the "Different First page" option.
There's a dropdown in the dialog box that lets you specify "this section" (so
make sure the cursor is in the section you want to affect).

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org