Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
macropod macropod is offline

Default Mail Merge from Access 2003 to Word 2003

Hi Karen,

This can be remedied by adding a suitable formatting switch to your mergefield in Word.

If you select the problem mergefield and press Shift-F9, you'll probably see something like:
{MERGEFIELD MyDate}
Change this to:
{MERGEFIELD MyDate \@ "MMMM DD, YYYY"}
then press F9 to update the field.

Save the document then re-run your mailmerge.

Cheers
--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]

"KarenMike" wrote in message ...
I am having a problem with the way my dates are showing in word. I have
Access set for mmmm dd", "yyyy, and yet when it merges with Word it is
mm/dd/yyyy. Since the dates are maually entered into Access, rather than use
a dat field in Word, I have used a mergefield.

Any suggestions?
--
Karen K