Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Phil Phil is offline

Default Mailmerge not working anymore

I have been using Office 2000 with XP for several years. I have some
mailmerges where I am using Word in conjunction with Excel and it has worked
successfully until recently. Now, when I open the form, I get a message that
says "Waiting for Microsoft Excel to Accept DDE Commands" and hangs. Excel
has opened with an empty Book1. For a couple of weeks I could get it to work
by running Office2000 from my Vista laptop and accessing the files across my
home network. Now, the Vista machine is showing the same symptoms.

I've tried setting up a new form and spreadsheet (in case the original files
had become corrupted in some way) but that failed as well.

I don't understand why something that has worked for years should fail when,
as far as I know, I've changed nothing.

Advice, please.
--
regards, Phil